Re: printf's in cpu_startup()

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:56:16 -0700 (PDT)

:
:Assuming verbose booting is enabled, should the printf's in
:cpu_startup() (sys/i386/i386/machdep.c) appear on a comconsole?
:I was trying to understand the results of the bumping phys_avail[] to
:more entries but don't see any of these printf's in the capture logs.
:
:--
:Chuck Tuffli
:Agilent Technologies

    I'm not sure when printfs start to work, but I had debugging printfs
    in the code that calculates phys_avail[] and they did seem to work.
    But things conditionalized on the 'bootverbose' variable did not work
    that early for some reason.

    But the real question is ... did my commit fix your crash-on-boot
    problem ?

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>