pcmcia problems

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:28:17 +0200

Hi,

my laptop refuses to work with any PCMCIA network adapter I've tried so far, that being ed(4), ep(4) and rl(4). ed and rl give me device/watchdog timeouts. ep doesn't give any messages but is extremely slow (1 KB/s). I guess I'm having interrupt problems.

I've tried running without ACPI, disabling things in the BIOS (which offers only a limited set of choices) and removing stuff from my kernel config, all to no avail.

Verbose dmesg output (without ACPI and my rl plugged in) is at http://yoyodyne.ath.cx/stuff/dmesg.boot (note the intr 9 livelock).

Sascha

P.S. In Knoppix things seem to work.

--