Re: MAXSAVEDBLOCKS in netinet/tcp_sack.c

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 13:45:33 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
Ouch. Dummynet is probably not the best solution. Actually, what
I would do is buy a cisco with a relatively recent IOS and run
fair-queue or RED, but if that isn't in the cards then I recommend playing around with Packet Filter (pf). It has a number of queueing
solutions. I haven't used PF much myself so I don't know if it can
do RED, but I believe it does have a fair-queueing mechanism.

RED is one of many queueing mechanisms supported by ALTQ.

Hiten Pandya