Re: ral driver support

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:09:36 +0200

On 2005-07-14 01:38, patrik wrote:
I'm just wondering if some progress has been made on porting the ral driver from FreeBSD. I read some about it in the mailarchive (http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/kernel/2005-05/msg00100.html),
but these messages are dated two months ago, so it would be interesting to know if something have happened.

You can try the ath-driver by Atrens, I've been using it for a while now with no problem, though I've only use 802.11b. A list of cards using the ath-family of chips can be found here: http://madwifi.sourceforge.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=compatibility_list

And here's a link to Atrens original message, you might want to read the
conversation to understand how to install it.
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/submit/2005-04/msg00056.html

Notice also that there's a newer version of his driver:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~atrens/ath-dragonfly-1.4.3.tar.gz

--
Erik Wikström