Re: FreeBSD TCP/IP Cleanup and Optimizations

From: "Joshua Coombs" <jcoombs@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 17:01:21 -0400

"Tomaž Borštnar" <tomaz.borstnar@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:42EE6C15.4010804@xxxxxxxxxxx
Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
and we need to lock down pfil or start parallelizing them (probably only pf, with newest version imported)
Route cache too? (Remembering where packet came in so replies can go back via same path)
Multiple gateways?

Tomaž

http://www.outofspec.com/routing/

No code, but it outlines a schema for a route cache/multiple gateway engine. The more I think about it though, the more I think this should be something that bolts in external to the kernel rather than intergrating it direct in the network layer.

Joshua Coombs