Re: final thoughts - bug tracking system

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:05:54 +0200

-On [20050915 04:23], Hiten Pandya (hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>The point is, if we do have any issues with JIRA some months down the
>line, we can just export the data and make our way to some other bug or
>issue tracking system.

Wishful dreaming in most cases.

Most bug tracking systems have totally different requirements in what they
expect and what they don't expect.

I've already done some migrations and this so-called 'data portability' is a
wax nose in most cases.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://www.andf.info/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
The deer hunter does not notice the mountains...