Re: Bug Tracking System [Was: Re: final thoughts - bug tracking system]

From: Bill Huey (hui) <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:30:13 -0700

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 07:21:58PM -0700, Ben Cadieux wrote:
> I think perhaps I'll start with the "XML" comment, since I would argue
> that it's the most humorous.  XML is not critical for databases,
> that's a "baffling" comment to make.  Besides all the lovely
> concurrent access problems, repeatedly parsing a large XML file is not
> a particularly good idea unless your goal is to encourage denial of
> service.

You obiviously don't understand my comments about XML and what I'm referring
to nor what an API is outside of the "%d" in print().

> As far as an "unmaintainable" application goes - I'd say any language
> is better than one written for a computer that doesn't (and likely
> will never) exist.

C sucks for web development. This isn't a some crack smoking kernel
where you're writing your own memory allocators all day whining about
"void *" for type polymorphism. Obviously, unlike you,I've done enough
kernel and userspace programming to know that folks like you don't
understand relevant and modern development issues.

bill