Re: New test boxes - update

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:47:06 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Is this NForce based ? if so, I'd say good luck to you, why do you want
:to buy a closed source machine?  I have already regreted buying one
:Nforced based MB. ;-)
:David Xu

    Well, one doesn't have much of a choice when it comes to AMD.  Device
    compatibility isn't really the problem... it's interrupt routing, which
    is more an issue in our kernel code then it is with the vendor.

Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We need to convert our APIC code to use logical mode instead of physical, among other
things. Joerg and I did make a plan of what needs to be done systemwide with regards
to interrupts, but the effort needs to be restarted.

Hiten Pandya
hmp at dragonflybsd.org