Re: Interrupt routing code

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 20:36:28 +0000

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 12:17:32PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
: :Are NetBSD and OpenBSD as convoluted handling interrupts as FreeBSD is?
: :
: :jm
:
:     I wouldn't call it convoluted.  The concept is actually quite straight
:     forward, its just that the implementation sucks (even the reimplementation
:     FreeBSD did), plus many BIOSes are half-broken and don't actually do what
:     you tell them to do.  It's a real mess.

In that case, it is quite impressive that NetBSD is able to handle not only
all the platforms they do but also all the BIOSes as well.

It is so irritating when documentation does not correctly reflect behavior,
and vice versa.

:     That said, I'm not familiar enough with NetBSD and OpenBSD's interrupt
:     handling code to have an opinion.   I have heard some interesting ideas
:     regarding how to solve the problem.

Such as what?

jm
--
'What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
What the hell is a gander, anyway?' - George Costanza