Re: Plans for 1.5

From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 00:16:26 +0000

Matthew Dillon wrote:

* The buffer cache will be converted from being block-number-based to
being offset-range-based and will use CCMS for management.

NOTE: I am deliberately not listing conversion of the I/O subsystem from mapped buffers to page lists (XIO's) because I feel this might be too big a piece of bite off with the other things I want to do in this stage, and I don't want to hold up STAGE 3.

Hello Matt,

Is this the bit I was doing?  I don't have my system around to check if
what I was working on.  I want to still work on that part because I am
quite interested in it.  I suppose we could work together on that part.

Regards,

Hiten Pandya
hmp at dragonflybsd.org