Re: pkgsrc packaging of base?

From: Csaba Henk <csaba.henk@xxxxxxx>
Date: 10 Feb 2006 15:21:55 GMT

On 2006-02-10, Oliver Fromme <check+iugocf00rsxtxmvr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As far as "a hundredsome one line RCS id diffs" go:  You
> can disable them easily in /etc/mergemaster.rc or in your
> $HOME/.mergemasterrc, so you don't have to ACK them at all.
> It also has settings to ignore /etc/motd, to specify
> additional diff(1) options (e.g. to ignore whitespace
> changes), and it has even hooks so you can insert own
> scripts before and after comparison, which easily lets you
> e.g. ignore or always install certain types of files.
>
> Did you even read the mergemaster(8) manpage?
> It's definitely worth it.  ;-)

Thanks for the hint :)

To admit, I just read the manpage between writing my post and reading
yours. (I haven't read earlier it before because I tought I can just
rely on the FreeBSD UPDATING instructions. What a mistake.)

OK, to rephrase myself: mergemaster is handy when used with care and
and at the appropriate place. It just scales so bad when your number one
merge tool is tied to an interactive event loop.

Csaba