Re: ZFS (fwd)

From: "Dmitri Nikulin" <dnikulin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:01:47 +1000

On 6/22/06, TongKe Xue <xue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:41:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: TongKe Xue <xue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ZFS

Hey,

   Searching through the mail archives, the msg I get on ZFS
is:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/kernel/2005-12/msg00040.html
   (claiming porting to start in march/april)
   and nothing of major importance since then.

Searching on the Wiki, I get nothing.

   Where can I look for more information on the current state
of ZFS -> Dragonfly port?

As far as I can tell, it probably won't happen until the userland VFS work, which won't happen until the MP work, which was going along great but with no commits for a while now (not necessarily a bad sign, just means we can't tell what's happening). Meanwhile, you have OpenSolaris, which should be comparable in stability and performance to DragonFly, and can utilize pkgsrc :)

-- Dmitri Nikulin