Re: ipfw deprecation

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:56:35 +0200

On 29.06.2006, at 00:51, Andreas Hauser wrote:
I would like to deprecate ipfw (and dummynet, because it needs ipfw)
for the next release and remove it in 1.7.
Can you please show that pf is as fast as ipfw?

No, can't. As I understand the current answers, we will remove ipfw from the main code path and get a pfil'ed version instead. So this won't affect the speed after all. Besides, if somebody cares about his filtering speed, he should do measurements. I don't have the network, the equipment, nor the filter set to measure speed.

cheers
  simon