Re: VOP_RENAME of the future

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 16:27:58 -0700 (PDT)

:what?  which use could this have, ever?  what happens then when it unbloc=
:ks, will it just sleep or will it fail after the lock becomes free again?=
:cheers
:  simon

     Precisely what I said.  There were some very, very special cases in
     FreeBSD related to vnode destruction that still use it.  But if you
     grep the code you will see that 98% of the calls specify LK_RETRY.

     We also have LK_SLEEPFAIL and LK_NOWAIT.  Both are still seriously
     misused.  FreeBSD still has LK_DRAIN and LK_INTERLOCK which are abused
     even worse then LK_SLEEPFAIL.  I was able to get rid of those two
     in DragonFly.