Re: Cache coherency, clustering, and Kernel virtualization

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 08:05:39 -0700 (PDT)

:Hi,
:I'm not fully getting this I'm afraid. So, probably a stupid question:
:In the end it will be possible to cluster the real kernels, right ? Or
:are you saying you will always use userland kernels to partition
:resources and "donate" resources to a cluster ?
:(The idea of userland kernels is really attractive as a development
:tool and equally in terms of partitioning resources of course).
:
:Pieter

    You will be able to cluster the real kernels, yes.  The limitation is
    that it is likely that any given kernel (real or virtual) will only
    be able to join a single named cluster.