Re: Lockless algorithms [was Re: splxxx replacements?]

From: Jan Grant <jan.grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:02:53 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Bill Huey wrote:

> Apparently you folks decided to move away from tokens in favor of
> straight spinlocks since they were a pain in the ass to use and there
> was no public mention about this.

FWIW I adopted the token abstraction that Matt described for use in a
(large) set of shell scripts and it works pretty well - also means that
the rules that script authors need to learn are relatively
straightforward :-)

--
jan grant, ISYS, University of Bristol. http://www.bris.ac.uk/
Tel +44 (0)117 3317661   http://ioctl.org/jan/