Re: NATA update

From: "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:29:44 +0000

Petr Janda wrote:
Does this mean now that onboard RAID controllers that come with today nearly all motherboards will be finally supported? If so, thats awesome. How do I test NATA ?

They will be, after I've finished porting ataraid.

To test the code that's already been tested, you have to apply the diff I mentioned in [1], remove all old ata devices from your kernel config, add options PCI_MAP_FIXUP to it, and then either add (at least) device nata, natadisk and natapicd (for disks and cdroms respectively), or add 'nata' to SUBDIR in src/sys/dev/disk/Makefile, and edit your /boot/loader.conf to read nata_load="YES", natapci="YES", natadisk="YES", natapicd="YES". make buildkernel, make installkernel, reboot. If it doesn't work, boot kernel.old, and report issues :).

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard
        tgen@netphreax.net