Heads up: TLS system calls being renamed

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 14:23:30 -0800 (PST)

    sys_set_tls_area() is being renamed to set_tls_area()
    sys_get_tls_area() is being renamed to get_tls_area()

    I did a google search and it didn't come up with any uses.

    A number of people have noted the confusion that adding a sys_
    prefix to a system call name creates (from the point of view of
    userland).  I agree.

    This is different from the sys_ prefix used in the kernel sources
    for system call implementation procedures, which of course were a
    great idea and are sticking around.

    In anycase, when I make the commit, anyone building HEAD should be
    sure to completely rebuild both the kernel and the world.  Old libraries
    will remain compatible, since the syscall number and function arguments
    haven't changed.

					<dillon@backplane.com>