Re: Initial filesystem design synopsis.

From: Robert Luciani <rluciani@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22 Feb 2007 17:16:05 GMT

> Matthew Dillon wrote:
> <cut>
>>     Plus, I need a name for this baby. I can't use DFS, however much I
>>     want to, because the term is already over-used.
> <cut>
>
> Well how about "High-Availability Clustered File System" or HACFS :-)

Too bad DFS is so ambiguous, and used by everyone.
Microsoft DFS, DCE DFS, Google's DFS :(

I just think the name shouldn't be cliche though,
and it should be simple. (4 letters or less)

DFFS is nice, and could stand for lots of things:

DragonFly        Filesystem
Distributed Fast Filesystem
Disk-Fusing      Filesystem

Data-Field       Filesystem