Re: compiling NATA

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:55:10 -0800 (PST)

:Rodion wrote:
:> Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:
:>> I've just written a wiki page which could serve as reference point
:>> from now on: http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/HowtoUseNATA .
:> I did all according to this article and rebooted DFBSD box, after
:> init: fatal error: segmentation fault
:> below string "Trying to mount root /dev/ad0s2a"
:
:Strange, could you post a backtrace?
:
:Cheers,
:--
:         Thomas E. Spanjaard
:         tgen@netphreax.net

    That sort of error is virtually guarenteed to be due to the disk
    driver not reading the data or reading the wrong data.  It is exactly
    what happens to me when I mess up a block number translation in a
    driver, or if biodone() is called without properly setting b_resid.

    My money is on b_resid, b_flags, and/or b_error not being set properly
    on I/O completion.

					<dillon@backplane.com>