Re: Path passed to ffs_mount() is garbage?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:30:21 -0700 (PDT)

:>     path is passed from userland.  Its a userland pointer.  It shouldn'=
:t
:>     be garbage, but you probably need to do a copyin() into a kernel
:>     buffer instead of printing it directly.  Actually, I'm a little at =
:
:>     a loss because on the PC architecture the pointer should still be
:>     printable (if a bit dangerous due to being a userland address).
:
:yah, but not for vkernels...  the vmspace is different :/  makes it also =
:a bitch to debug
:
:cheers
:  simon

    Ah.  Yup.  It won't work with vkernels... which is actually good in
    a way, it means we catch all those instances where the kernel tries
    to directly access a user address :-)