Re: vmspace changes to use sysref

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:12:28 -0700 (PDT)

    Oh, also try with the absolute latest HEAD.  I don't think SYSREF
    could have had any effect on the interrupt routing, but the other
    work recently committed certainly could have.

    I have some ideas with regards to the livelock issues.  If reducing
    the values solves that part of the problem I think we can safely
    boot up with a much lower livelock limits, then increase them
    as part of the RC.

    --

    The only thing that can cause a large number of stray irq 7's that
    I know of is when the ICU is used (no APIC_IO), and the BIOS fails

    What I'd like to know regarding the stray irq 7 is whether you ever
    used the ICU with older kernels running on this particular box,
    or whether you just always used APIC_IO.  It might not be a 'new'
    issue for your box with that particular combination (i.e. not created
    by recent commits).