Re: firmware loading

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 08:39:27 -0400

Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     kern/kern_firmware.c will take care of the DMA resources.  It looks
>     quite nifty, but I'm not sure how well it actually works since nothing
>     is using it yet.  Johannes and Joerg committed it a long time ago,
>     back in 2005.

Not knowing the history - can't comment , but OpenBSD has a similar
facility in their LOADFIRMWARE(9), which perhaps inspired the DF version
? Couldn't find the file in their cvsweb & don't have a source checkout
handy to grep through ..

In any case, depending on the similarities, they are actively using it
and distribute several firmwares with the base OS, so it might be a
source of inspiration for usage ideas ..