Re: 2.0 installer integration

From: Dave Hayes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 11:48:06 -0700

Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> writes:
>     It would be fairly easy to MFC it, but HEAD is stable right now so
>     just moving to HEAD would also work, or moving to Preview.

Let me know if you do this, and also if you MFC that "last mounted on"
change. I'd really like to play with this a bit, it would save a lot
of trouble.

I guess to get an ISO to work I'd have to do

  ROOTDEVNAME=\"cd9660:vkd0c\"

in the VKERNEL config? I thought kernels knew how to boot off of ISOs
by default?
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

Due to confusion, people mistake things for themselves;
covetousness flares up, and they get into vicious cycles
that cloud perceptions and enshroud them in ignorance. The
vicious cycles go on and on, and people cannot be free.