Re: Decision time.... should NATA become the default for this release?

From: "km b" <kmb810@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 19:20:32 +1000

On 6/1/07, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

   So I'm asking all developers running HEAD who have not already started
   using the NATA driver to start using it instead of the ATA driver.
   Lets give it a good whack!

Am not a developer. though I'd like to say a couple of things about the stability of NATA driver. With the old ATA driver, I was never able to get DMA working on my laptop's SATA controller. However, I have switched to the NATA driver since it became available and haven't noticed any problem as of yet. It just works and I haven't seen any random segfaults at all. I am running SMP system without APIC_IO.

cheers
kmb

--
Something is wrong up on cloud # 9!