Re: Branching CVS for 1.10 on wednesday

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:26:30 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:You can't unload any sound driver module, I think.  At least not the hda driver.  So this is definitely a bug and I'd rather switch back to spinlocks for the release and breaking uaudio (which nobody uses) than to break unloading sound driver modules.
:
:cheers
:  simon

    I can unload all the sound modules, but they have to be unloaded
    in the right order due to dependancies between modules.

    There are definitely issues with the sound driver leaving allocated
    memory around when unloaded, but I think those were already present.

okay, then this is specific to hda:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/commits/2007-06/msg00231.html

in any case, this panics the box on driver unload.

cheers
 simon