Re: Livelock limit engaged?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 11:27:27 -0700 (PDT)

:
:Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> writes:
:>     The livelock is probably being caused by the USB driver.  We still
:>     aren't sure why it happens.  I've tried turning off the USB device's
:>     individual interrupts during configuration but that doesn't seem to
:>     help.
:
:Hmm. So I'm assuming this error message isn't really an
:issue and just turning it off (somehow) in the kernel would
:be a good workaround?
:------
:Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
:>>> The opinions expressed above are entirely my own <<<

    It's not an issue for USB, but it is an actual error... well, more like
    a warning.  USB is generating an interrupt which is not being handled
    by the interrupt service routine, or which is being generated before
    USB is able to install its service routine, Resulting in an interrupt
    spam.  If the livelock code didn't exist the system would lock up at
    that point in the boot.  But it does exist so the system survives, and
    the livelock goes away after the driver has been completely configured.

    I would love it if someone could track down the cause of the interrupt
    spam.