Re: Livelock limit engaged?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 13:06:44 -0700 (PDT)

:Since the livelock spam happens continually, I'd presume
:that the latter case isn't the issue. (The presumption comes
:from thinking that interrupt service routines are only
:installed on a system boot.) We're seeing these messages
:once every 6-7 seconds after booting.
:
:At any rate, the attached naive hack stops the printing
:issue for those who need it.
:
:What is needed to track this down, besides some clue about
:how interrupts are handled in DFly?
:------
:Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

    run vmstat -i

    Monitor your interrupt rate with systat -vm 1

    If the interrupt rate is normal for the workload on the machine,
    then raise the livelock limit (kern.livelock_limit).

    Something has to be triggering it if it is cycling every 6-7 seconds.