Re: port-amd64 branch

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:49:27 -0700 (PDT)

:I don't think this will improve anything and has only confusing impact
:on the cvs repository.  What will a branch achieve?  People will have to
:check out the branch manually so that they can try it.  This is not
:different from using the git repo to check out your current status.
:
:However if you are feeling comfortable with the current state of affairs
:and if it doesn't break the i386 kernel, you should commit your changes
:directly to the cvs tree.
:
:cheers
:   simon

    Yah, I agree.  Commit directly to HEAD.  No branch needed.  If you
    need to make complex changes in the build that effect i386 put them up
    for review first, but anything specifically for amd64 can go right in.

					<dillon@backplane.com>