Re: HAMMER filesystem update - design document

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 16:36:05 -0700 (PDT)

:Hi,
:
:I hope this question has not been implicitly answered before, but how
:does Hammer handle quotas? Filesystems like XFS and ZFS maintain quota
:information internally so that a quotacheck after a system crash does
:not take ages. It seems to me that Hammer could manage quotas as a
:part of its cluster allocation strategy. Is this the case?
:
:TIA,
:RIggs

    Theoretically a transaction id can be stored along with the quota state
    and the quota state can be updated on the fly when a cluster gets
    recovered.  I wasn't planning on implementing quotas in HAMMER for 2.0
    but it's definitely possible to do it without requiring a rescan.

					<dillon@backplane.com>