progress report -> nata + APIC = no disks found

From: Andrew Atrens <atrens@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:30:24 -0400

All,

My laptop now boots multi-processor!  .. that said I'm not out of the woods yet .. using the mpu
defaults scheme seems to mean that I need to get APIC to work with nata - this was broken on
my old laptop and appears to be broken here, too.

The new thing that's broken on this laptop is acpi. In UP I need to disable it to get all the
devices working (ichsmb0 and pccb can't map interrupts when acpi was enabled).

So the next thing I'll try to do is backport new acpi support from FreeBSD. Yeesh.  I'm not
convinced this will fix APIC + nata, but it'll keep me busy for a while. ;)

Anyone have some ideas about why APIC + nata might be broken?

Cheers,

--Andrew