Re: dcons_crom and bus_generic_identify_sameunit()

From: Aggelos Economopoulos <aoiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:57:37 +0300

On Saturday 27 October 2007, Matthew Dillon wrote
>     Hmm.   dcons doesn't get a lot of use, I'm not surprised that it's
>     semi-broken.  What exactly isn't working?  Is it not attaching it
>     properly?

Well, when bus_generic_identify_sameunit() returns zero without calling
BUS_ADD_CHILD() first, the dcons_crom_{probe,attach} methods don't get
called. Unless I'm completely misreading the code DS_ATTACHED shouldn't be
set. BTW, naming the device_t parameter in bus_generic_identify*()
as "parent" is confusing because AFAICT this is the actual device, not any
ancestor.

If the bug isn't obvious don't waste any time on it, I want to read some of
the bus/device code anyway, so I'll investigate some more. Just give me a
couple of weeks to finish with my exams and rest a bit first...

Aggelos