Re: Kernel panic during boot in usb_add_task

From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:54:28 +0100

Michael Neumann wrote:
Michael Neumann schrieb:
Bill Hacker schrieb:
Michael Neumann wrote:
For starters, what does NetBSD report as the hardware and can you capture *any* scan, dmesg, or other report from FreeBSD 7-BETA3 or DFLY?

I could track it down where the panic occurs:

http://opengrok.creo.hu/dragonfly/xref/src/sys/bus/usb/usb.c#374

More specifically:

http://opengrok.creo.hu/dragonfly/xref/src/sys/sys/queue.h#428

*(head)->tqh_last = (elm);

This expands to:

*(&taskq->tasks)->tgh_last = task;

There a NULL pointer is dereferenced somehow.

usb_add_task is called from uhci_timeout:

http://opengrok.creo.hu/dragonfly/xref/src/sys/bus/usb/uhci.c#1428

It seems to get only called when a timeout occurs. That's maybe that I am the only one having those problems :)

I couldn't track it down further. My pure guess would be that it would not panic if "uhci_abort_xfer(&uxfer->xfer, USBD_TIMEOUT);" is called instead (sc->sc_dying == 1), but I can't build a kernel right now, so I can't change the code and build an ISO image.

Any further ideas?

Regards,

Michael