Bugs database cleanup part 1 (patches)

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 21:45:18 +0200

IMHO we have too many bugs open in our database and it get far more less
attention than it shouldn't. I thought that at least before release we
should attempt to clean it up from old stuff, commit what deserves to go
in etc. I already started to clean it up, kicked some persons regarding
some old bugs, closed bugs already resolved etc. But there is a lot more
todo ...

There are some patches which seems reasonable for me and I'm going to
commit them if noone objects:

http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue802
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue868

Someone (ie. not me ;) should look at these reports from Nicolas Thery:

http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue761
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue831

Some quite recent open issues with patches, but I don't have enough
knowledge about these areas:

http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue809
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue845
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue867

There are some patches which have been too long in the system. IMHO
we should finish these discussions and either just close or commit
these:

http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue19
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue80
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue117
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue118
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue129
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue184
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue185
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue234
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue508
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue514
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue587
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue694
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue697

And there are patches which might be valuable, but patches are missing
(404 or smth). What we should do with these?

http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue240
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue254

PS. Everyone who reported bugs in the past, please take a look at
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org if there is old stuff still open from you
and close the issues which are not applicable any more, doesn't apply any
more, you don't have hardware to reproduce any more etc.

--
Hasso