Re: panic: assertion: hammer_btree_cmp(cursor->left_bound, &cursor->node->ondisk->elms[0].leaf.base) <= 0 in btree_split_leaf

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 13:19:27 -0800 (PST)

:Hi.
:While trying to find a procedure to reliably reproduce the panic
:I reported last time, I caught a different panic (uploaded at
: ~y0netan1/crash/9/ on my leaf account).  I wrote the following shell
:script (make sure to edit variables DISKS and MOUNTPT before using this
:script or it may trash your system):

(from the core)

panic: assertion: node->lock.refs == 0 && node->ondisk == NULL in hammer_flush_buffer_nodes

    Yah, I've seen this failure.  Add a sync or two before the umount and
    tell me if it still occurs.  It's either a node reference leak somewhere
    or it is a race between bufdaemon and umount.  The assertions are really
    strict there precisely to catch those sorts of cases.

    Also note that the code to deal with a full HAMMMER filesystem has not
    been written yet (The failure you are reporting is unrelated to a full
    HAMMER filesystem, though, just mentioning it).