Some questions regarding ACPI

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:22:46 +0200

I'm working on bringing in some laptop (and especially thinkpad) specific
ACPI code from FreeBSD into DragonFly. I never touched ACPI stuff before
and haven't followed it much either, so I have some questions.

* FreeBSD uses ACPI_SERIAL_* heavily. What's the locking situation in
  DragonFly and why?

* As far as I can see, PCI integration is commented out in DragonFly.
  What's the state of it and why?

* platform/pc32/acpica5/acpi_toshiba.c - why is it there? I don't think
  that this is something pc32 specific in it and it should work in pc64
  laptops as well. Any objections to move it into
  dev/acpica5/acpi_toshiba/ ?

What's the current status of ACPI in general? AFAICS our acpica is quite
old - what needs to be done to bring in newer one?

--
Hasso