Re: Boot Dragonfly BSD from USB CDROM

From: Dmitry Komissaroff <dxi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:18:21 +0400

Hi all!

After some personal troubles I'm back (with my bad english). :)

Recently I got one of eeePC with Windows installed. How you all know, it haven't any CD or DVD drivers. OK. I got external USB DVD-ROM. But any attempting to boot DFly failed. Kernel just don't want to see external usb DVD. Loading from loader promt umass kernel module don't help. But all usb ports visible for kernel. I think, kernel just don't want probe umass devices before it try mount rootfs.

Hello!

I have troubles installing Dragonfly BSD from a "simulated" USB-CDROM drive. I need to install the system on a remote machine which has a remote management extension card from Peppercon named Eric. This card is able to simulate an USB CDROM over network (samba) to the underlying OS, and I hadn't any problems in installing NetBSD or FreeBSD before.