Re: Boot Dragonfly BSD from USB CDROM

To: Damian Lubosch <dl@xxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:31:03 +0200

Damian Lubosch wrote:
Hello!

I have troubles installing Dragonfly BSD from a "simulated" USB-CDROM drive. I need to install the system on a remote machine which has a remote management extension card from Peppercon named Eric. This card is able to simulate an USB CDROM over network (samba) to the underlying OS, and I hadn't any problems in installing NetBSD or FreeBSD before.

When I try the new Dragonfly Release 1.12.2 I get this error:

no disk named 'acd0a' (and other cd0 derivates)
setrootbyname failed
iso_mountroot: can't find rootvp
Root mount fialed: 6

Manual root filesystem specificatation:
(etc)

mountroot> _

This looks like the bug I reported here:

http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue1017

Please try out the latest devel snapshot [1] and see whether it fixes
your problem.

Regards,

Michael

[1]: For example from here (or use a mirror :)
http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/pub/DragonFly/snapshots/i386/LATEST-Devel.iso.bz2