Re: DMA

From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 02:59:28 +0200

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 06:16:46PM -0400, Dan M wrote:
> Why? We have nullmailer, qmail, postfix.

nullmailer: bad license
qmail: until very recently no license at all
postfix: different goal.

> If you are going to implement a small and secure e-mail agent, at
> least take a look at a good design - qmail.

We are well aware of the design of qmail. While qmail has some nice
properties, the code generally sucks for anyone used to Unix programming
and it doesn't cope well without lots of patching to the modern joys of
a spam infected world. But that is completely outside the scope of the
discussion and I won't go into any further details.

Joerg