Re: src and pkgsrc (Was: RCS Discussion)

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 18:25:33 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Distribution of such a DVD release is more problematic.  I do have colo
    space but I had to RMA the server box due to it being unstable (I tried
    it w/ two OS's and it corrupted & paniced both after a short while).
    I hope to have it working within a month and will have at least 5 MBits
    of bandwidth to play with.  We should also consider making the DVD
    release commercially-available, e.g. have a 2-disk set (CD+DVD).

I think the space is not a problem. The majority of downloads, being release or snapshot isos or pkgsrc binaries, is served anyways from mirrors across the world. A DVD wouldn't hurt - we'd only need a way to push it to the mirrors quickly enough :)

cheers
  simon