Re: Interrupt routing and friends ...

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 14:16:27 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, November 4, 2008 12:06 pm, Matthias Schmidt wrote:

> If somebody is able to do the work I would also spend some money.
> Furthermore we have some money left from the SoC.  We could spend some
> of that money to fund a task like that.  Not sure, if we need a
> non-profit or something like that ... maybe Justin can comment on that.

We wouldn't absolutely need a non-profit.  If we're going to pay someone
to do this work (and I'd pony up too, if needed), we would want to have a
contract that specified how much it would cost, the time frame, and what
would be delivered.

Having a non-profit makes this easier because the contract can be with the
non-profit entity; otherwise, it's a personal contract with whomever is
willing to sit on the money and poke the contractor.