Re: Interrupt routing and friends ...

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 03:31:14 +0800

a.bec.de> <4916f562$0$882$415eb37d@crater_reader.dragonflybsd.org> <20081109150923.GA8416@britannica.bec.de>

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 10:36:13PM +0800, Bill Hacker wrote:
>> As of an hour or two ago, - 8-CURRENT has loaded on a 'white bread'
>> Lenovo 3000 G400 and is using everything but the WiFi and modem.
>
> For the wifi, you might have some luck with iwn on NetBSD 5+.
> I can consider modems to be a general useless feature :)
>
> Joerg

Haven't tried 5+, but NetBSD 4.0.1 (release) doesn't seem to like the
bge0 NIC in the Lenovo any better than DFLY 2.X (release).

NetBSD doesn't grok 'mission type orders' - it has to be told step-by-step.

At least DFLY recognized the EagleTek (Realtek) USB NIC I added to get
'round the rejected bge, configured it, and took out a DHCP lease w/o
need of a CLR.

. .now if I can find time to figure out why DFLY dropped into the
debugger when I actually tried to *use* the d**ned thing (to scp a
verbose dmesg & /var/log/messages full of kvetching ...)

'So many OS's, so little time...'

:-(

Bill