Re: Can't export PFS or null mount to Linux

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:53:47 -0700 (PDT)

:Hi,
:
:The NFS server is running on DragonFly 2.2. I'm trying to export
:for example /usr which is null-mounted from /pfs/usr. I can
:successfully mount the NFS export with DragonFly, but when I do so from
:Linux (Ubuntu 8.10), I get an empty directory.  If I export a not-null
:mounted directory (like / for example), it works!
:
:So it really seems that Linux stops at null mounted directories. Maybe
:there is an option? Any suggestions?
:
:I tried to directory export the /pfs/usr, but as this is a symlink, it
:doesn't work as well.
:
:Regards,
:
:  Michael

    Someone needs to trace the protocol packets between a linux box and
    a DragonFly box.  It could have something to do with linux not treating
    NFS file handles as opaque entities when it should.  Or it could be
    related to how the PFS is encoded in the NFS file handle.  I don't know.

					<dillon@backplane.com>