Re: crt* files

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:21:45 -0700 (PDT)

:
:I have to say that moving crt* files from /usr/lib to the /usr/lib/gccXX/
:turned out to be just bad idea. There are stuff in pkgsrc which need these
:files (most notably compilers, but also emacs for example) and I don't
:want to maintain hardcoded paths in all these packages. Really, I don't.
:
:--
:Hasso Tepper

   I don't think we have much choice.  If we are going to support multiple
   compilers the chances of a single set of crt* files actually working
   with all of them is diminishingly small.

   We could create varsyms in /usr/lib based on $CCVER which point to the
   correct crt* files.

					<dillon@backplane.com>