Re: shutdown doesnt shutdown the computer

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dfly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:41:13 +0900

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:15:24AM +1000, Petr Janda wrote:
> Hi,
> I often watch movies untill I fall asleep. As this has been generating quite a
> bit of income for electricity companies, I tried using shutdown -h +60.
>
> This makes the computer though proceed with shutdown but stop at the very end
> saying something like "You can shut down your computer now or press a button
> to reboot".
>
> Why is this happening? ACPI? Whats the best way to time a shutdown?

Try `shutdown -p +60' instead.  My PC sometimes reboots instead of turning
off the power, though.  There's no obvious message on the console before
it reboots, so I'm totally clueless, but it seems it tends to reboot instead
of powering off when the uptime is more than several hours before issuing
shutdown command.

Cheers.