Re: vproc memory monitoring

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 15:24:17 +0200

Pablo Graubner wrote:
Hi folks,

I am working on additional security mechanisms for the dragonfly vkernel and I want to monitor all in-memory copies (like intel asm "mov" and its derivates) of a running vproc in order to check if the vproc is allowed to copy data to the resp. memory segment.

You would have to single-step every instruction. In this case I guess you can even emulate the CPU and be faster.

Now if you have a way to check whether a process is allowed to perform a certain memory operation, then can't you simply use the page table and let the CPU do the checking job?

cheers
 simon