Re: CRC FAILED: LAYER2

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 09:39:11 -0700 (PDT)

:Hi.
:I've just caught this panic this morning.  It's an Athlon 64 X2 running
:an SMP kernel built from source as of July 5th (a few commits after the
:fixes to fdfree()).  It's a 1Tbyte HAMMER-only filesystem and I accidentally
:run `hammer version-upgrade' command on it a several days ago, in case
:it matters.  The machine is turned on at 7:00 am every day, runs cvsync
:to retrieve a few CVS repositories, and convert them to git repos.
:According to today's log something went wrong during the second invocation
:of cvsync.  The script then proceeded to converting the first CVS repository,
:when it caught this panic.  The kernel and vmcore are uploaded at my leaf
:account as ~y0netan1/crash/{kernel,vmcore}.4 .
:
:Thanks in advance.

    Are you using the AHCI or SILI drivers?

    There was an embarassing bug in the AHCI driver that I fixed on
    July 1st related to disks > 256G.  If your AHCI driver is older then
    that or you did significant writing to the filesystem using an AHCI
    driver older then that then it is probably the cause of the problem.