Asus P5A - time still runs too fast

From: Venkatesh Srinivas <me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 14:42:48 -0400

Hi,

I run Dragonfly on an Asus P5A mainboard; my clock was running a lot faster
than expected, it appeared to be this problem:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/bugs/2007-04/msg00037.html

all over again.

Setting debug.acpi.disabled=timer in loader.conf seems to have solved the
problem, as it did in that thread; would it be reasonable to force the
use of the i8254 timer on P5A and P5A-B mainboards?

Also, the recommended solution on FreeBSD on this board is to use the
Time Stamp Counter. Is there any reason dfly doesn't support/detect
the TSC on this machine?

Thanks,
-- vs