Re: RE: bugtracker switch

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:50:05 -0400

On Sun, March 28, 2010 10:43 am, Francois Tigeot wrote:

>> What kind of obfuscation did you have in mind?
>
> Nothing in particular, just not showing the complete email address.
>
> The mailing list archives replace the domain name with a series of x for
> example:
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/bugs/2010-03/msg00058.html

I'm of the opinion that obfuscation is not going to make a difference; our
mailing lists are archived online in a number of third-party locations,
and the email addresses are readable there, for instance.  The end result
is that people wanting to follow up on testing something or a public
question can't find out where to mail their response.  I think the
advantage outweighs the problems.

Also: I like Redmine.  I'm generally in favor of anything that gives us
richer tools.  There's some questions I have, like do we want to have the
gitweb site plus the Redmine source browser?  Will this give us more labor
because of maintaining the Roadmap section and other areas?  None of these
questions are something that would block implementing it, though.