Re: crypto (Re: Google Summer of Code idea)

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 00:19:22 +0000

Magnus Eriksson wrote:
Just a suggestion. As I understand it, it is regarded as well designed, and crypto is not an area where you want to take chances with new inventions. (It happens to work well for my purposes too...)

totally forgot about this.. (have been essentially dead for 1y)

nice. there you go.

personally, I could care less about the interface.. just throwing a shower-idea out there :)

but - if one were to work that into a devfs interface and munge the userspace tools and I don't really see what is all together that much different than what I mentioned..

there's really only 2 steps here:

1) key -> memory-keyblock : mapping : raw-disk-device
2) data <-> cipher <-> disk

not too convoluted really. the tough part is splicing it into the
kernel without crashing your computer :)